Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Small Mishap





So we hiked on back to our campsite Sunday evening and we were lollygagging around (is that how you spell lollygagging? Who's going to check anyway!) when I decided to start supper. My plan was to cook quesadillas. Well, in an effort to conserve resources I had left some food in the car to be hiked in when necessary. As I began to cook dinner I realized I had forgotten to retrieve both the avacados and (you guessed it) the cheese! So in order to spare my dear wife the dissapointment of a supper of tortillas and pop-tarts, I humped it back to the car and retrieved our missing vittles. The night concluded well. We dined on wonderful quesadillas and toasted with 8oz cans of Dr. Pepper that I sneaked in for the occasion. Another sun ahd set over the Rock and our hearts were glad.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Does anyone feed this kid? Resorting to chewing on a backpack... That just ain't right.