Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rachel gets crafty



At MOPS today we made resurrection eggs and key chains. I have never made resurrection eggs and didn't have a clue what to do with them until today !! Basically you go through the resurrection story with your kids and each egg contains different items to symbolize different events. In the eggs consist of a palm branch, coins, bread. feather, rope, soap, crown, cloth, cross, stone,(nothing) cuz HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD, clouds. Then there are versus to read for each egg and the kids get to open the egg when it comes time in the story. So cool. I love the idea.

Then other thing we made is key chains. May I say this had been pretty handy for the three hours I have had it:):) With two kids and having to open two different doors to get into my apartment this makes is so much easier because I wear it around my wrist with my keys attached. It is a great idea for me. I love it. And you don't have to be artsy and crafty to make it. Please, I wouldn't be able to do it. I don't have an ounce of artistic ability. I leave that to my poetry and song writing husband.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: