Monday, September 15, 2008

I hurt but I got a new pair of shoes !!!

We put in a cool 35 mile bike ride today and i am spent. Alan took the day off since he was out of town last week and we decided to go galivanting today. SO with the kiddos in tow we made our way through Minneapolis, Richfield, and Bloomington to the REI. What was my reward?? A cool new pair of Born brown leather shoes. So worth it !! The trip went well except for one mishap when I threw away Alan's wallet at Jimmy John's. He was a trooper and went back to salvage it from the garbage. Good thing or I wouldn't have gotten my cool new shoes. AHH . . . I love fall. Cool weather, Apple Orchards, and brown clothing is in. That's what I call one good season.

I decided to put in a pic of the cute kiddos for kicks. Oh and Ru has already learned her first thing at Preschool. I caught her shaking Isaiah's hand and saying " Nice to meet ya Isaiah. My name is Ru Carmichael Burdette." So cute. She won't say it to strangers but hey one day at a time. Maybe by the time Grandpa Dub and Grandma B get here she will be a pro !!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You mistyped and you really meant to put a 3.5 mile bike ride, right? Of course you wouldn't have gone on a 35 mile bike ride. Right? :)

Stephanie Cole said...

how did you bike that many miles? you are so in shape!!

Rachel said...

no i am not soo in shape. I have a husband that likes to push me to the brink of insanity. Ok it wasn't that bad. You would be surprised how quickly it goes by. I mean really. By the time we ate lunch and shopped at REI we had some long breaks in there, And YES it was 35 no mistype. Would I really brag about a 3.5 mile bike ride?? Really.