Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thought for the day

So, Ru and I listen to a worship c.d. in the car alot. She has started singing some of the words. Her favorite phrase that she always sings at the top of her lung is " I am running. Running after you. You've become my souls delight. I am running running after you. Here with you I find my life." So one day I asked her who we were singing about. She didn't say anything so I said " are we talking about Jesus." In a very matter of fact tone she says "NOOOoooo".

So while I love hearing my daughter sing and even more so hearing her sing words about Jesus, I do pray it is a sign of what will actually happen in her heart one day. Sooner than later I hope.

This also brought up a good reminder from the Lord. While Ru sings these songs, she doesn't believe them with her heart. Jesus isn't real to her yet. It is good for me to remember that. It is good for me to remember that the words I sing are more than paying lip service to God. It is saying those things that I believe with my entire heart.

Ok that's it. Peace Out.

No comments: