Saturday, April 04, 2009

Restitution

I gotta story for ya. So a couple of friends and I decided to do this competition through the YWCA called Meltdown Madness. We get points for tracking what we eat, exercising during the week and then get points for how much fat we lose and points for how much muscle we gain. Anyways, so I have been doing this for a week and I weighed myself today. Here is the following conversation with my husband.

Rachel- Hey, I don't know if it was just the fact that I weighed myself in the morning and not in the afternoon like I did last week but I lost 2.5 pounds. Is that ok?

Dumb response #1 from Alan-(knowing Rachel is concerned about losing too much too fast) I bet it was just water weight.

Rachel- umm 2.5 pounds. I doubt it. Maybe some though.

Dumb response #2 from Alan- I think it is ok. The people on the Biggest Loser lose way more than that in a week and they are fine.

Rachel- umm thanks for comparing me to a 400 pound person. One of them is more than two of me !!! GRRRR

Dumb response #3 from Alan- YOU aren't going to be like THAT are you??

Rachel-You better stop talking before I push you into the grave you just dug yourself !!! ( I didn't say that but if I had thought about it I would have !!!) ( Then I gave my 2.5 pound less body a big hug and pat on the back) ( I didn't do this either but I would have if I had thought about it as well!!)

So before you think I am just bashing on my husband, he has read it and has approved of the legitimacy of the conversation-well at least for the most part :) Anyways, I started thinking about that whole conversation. When we were first married a conversation like that would have left him on the couch for the night !! But everyone who knows Alan knows that he is a very sweet and usually very sensitive person. And he also usually thinks before he speaks way more often than I do. I came away from that conversation not upset or mad or feeling down. I actually thought it was pretty stinkin' hilarious. What I was reminded of was that I feel super loved and taken care of by Alan. I also know he finds me beautiful and tells me that all the time !! And THAT is a great place for me to be. It might have taken the first couple of years of marriage to get there. But we are there and it is nice to realize it.

2 comments:

Leah Miller said...

I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying.

that's awesome.

Rachel said...

FINALLY !! A response. I thought it was hilarious. I was wondering if anyone else thought so !?!