Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The kind of sharing that pays you back

So the kids did a great job eating their dinners tonight so we broke out some ice cream cones to celebrate. We were sitting outside eating them, Ru had her own and Isaiah and I were sharing. He and I were making short work of ours and soon there was just a small nub left in Isaiah's hand. Ru said to me, "Daddy, you can let Isaiah have the rest of that and I'll share with you". I thought, wow that's sweet! but then it seemed to get even better when Isaiah held up the remainder of the cone to me as if he wanted to share too. Wow, double sweet I thought! Both my kids have hearts that want to share.

But I told Isaiah, "no, that's okay" at which point he became upset. He clearly wanted me to take the cone, so I did. Them he looked over at his sister and reached for her cone. At that point it became clear that he wanted to trade his nub for a half share of an almost complete cone. I had to laugh. Generous he was not, but he did show pretty sharp wits for a 1 and a half year old.

2 comments:

Amber said...

LOL

That sounds like something Ari would do. Nice.

Leah Miller said...

The end of this story did NOT suprise me! :) That boy knows what he wants.