Friday, April 16, 2010

GO BIG OR GO HOME !!!!

 



Today at Old navy the first 50 people in line got 50 percent off of their purchase. Most people could pass on this but since I have been losing weight for over a year I have had to get new clothes EVERY season !!! The quality isn't great at Old Navy but that is ok because I plan on these clothes being too big next summer :) So me and the three ladies I work out with decided to go for it. The mall stores open at 10 a.m. but you can get into the mall at 7 a. m. So we decided we would meet at 7:) Well, I didn't sleep very well and kept waking up so by 6 I decided to go ahead and get dressed. I left at 6:15 and was in the mall at 6:30. That's right the mall was opened at 6:30 and older people were already walking around the mall for their exercise. It was nice and quiet and my friend Emily met me at 7 with Sara and Laura filing in just a bit after. We were the first in line and by the time we went in I think there were 48 people in line. So we didn't have to get there THAT early but that's ok because it was fun to talk and not be interrupted by kiddos.

I made Alan take off until noon so I could do this. He has been super busy but was a really good sport. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to get everything by noon so I told him to bring the kiddos at 11:15. I had until then to find and try on all my stuff. It was just enough time :) Then I took the kiddos and went upstairs to shop for Ru and Isaiah. Isaiah didn't need much because of hand me downs from his cousin Samuel but Ru is so ahead of the curve that I always have to get her clothes every season. Nana supplied all the dresses for the summer for Ru but she needed shirts, more shorts, and sunglasses :) I left Old Navy at 12:15. I spent $150 dollars and saved $150 dollars. Pretty good :) I was hoping to make it in at 100 dollars since I am doing a diaper study that pays me $100 dollars but that obviously didnt happen.

My best buy was a pair of dark denim Jeans for $1.75. That's right one dollar and seventy five cents AND they are Super cute. I bought lots of tank tops, cami's, short sleeved tops, one pair of denim capris, one pair of denim burmudas and one pair of khaki bermudas.

My head is spinning. I was so anxious and only had a skinny Mocha from Starbucks until I got home. I am thinking about whether or not I should have stayed longer, looked through clearance more closely and bought more. But I think I am good. I know I am crazy and insane but I think I needed everything that I bought. As for Ru, they had jeans super reduced but I was freaking out trying to decide whether to try and buy her jeans(that would have been like 6 bucks)for next year. What size would I buy her, would they fit?? I just couldn't take the pressure and that was how I knew I was done.

Do I sound crazy?? Welcome to my world as a mom !!!!

1 comment:

Joslin3 said...

I love this story :)