Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Celebration Race !!!

 



This is the "after the race" picture.

I had a blast doing my first race. There are many reasons why people do these races. Some run to win the grand prize, some run to achieve a goal, some run to be apart of the community and I am sure the list could go on. For me though, this race wasn't about how fast my time could be or about winning it (HAHAHA like that would EVER happen)or even about meeting a "goal". I knew I could run 6.2 miles and I knew I wasn't about trying to run it the fastest I possibly could. For me personally, it was a celebration of how far I have come in the past year and about continuing to try new active activities.

I ran this with the ladies I have been training with over the past year (excluding one who got knocked up). It was good to have support because it rained a good bit at the beginning of the race. On my way to meet up with my friends I was thinking about how maybe they would all want to just skip it and go eat breakfast and chat. Oh the thoughts!!! But no way was that actually going happen. Emily would have never gone for it :) So by the end of the race I had wet socks, wet feet,soaked and once I stopped running COLD !!! Not picture perfect weather.

So now that I have finished race numebr one will there be a second one?? Hmm . . .I am thinking probably so. Maybe a half marathon?? Maybe the next race I will be more competitive about my personal time. I don't know. I guess it will all depend:)

Oh yeah--and a BIG THANKS to Eric Miller for watching my kids all morning long. Alan is out of town and there was a ladies event at our church that most everyone went to but us racing ladies. That is how awesome of a church community I have :)!!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! We are sooo proud of you! I would have been afraid that my hair would have been soaked and I would have mascara running down my face, let alone, my clothes soaking wet!! I need to learn to be more like you! Teach my girly girl to be more like her mother! Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

Rachel, Larry and I are SO impressed by your discipline and grit! Very proud of you! Woofie rejoices for you, too....

alan said...

Way to go, beauty. I love you and look forward to.seeing you soon!

Stephanie Cole said...

wow, rach! i'm so impressed and proud! you are an inspiration, girl!

Joslin3 said...

What an awesome memory made! :) I'm excited to see what's next!