Friday, August 29, 2008

My Faux Pas!!



Got a story for ya. So we had a couple over from church-Angie and Dave. Anyways, I always like for the house to be at the very least picked up when company comes-especially if I don't know them very well. I consider myself to be a decent entertainer when it comes to having people over. I usually put in time and effort. Anyways, I think I am officially losing my gift !! So back to the story!! I decided to not go anywhere that day with the kids. So the day goes by quickly of course and I have everything ready to go. I decide to take a quick shower before they arrived. So I do that and get dressed and everything is good so I think. Well, it looks like I overlooked one thing. At the end of the night after Angie and Dave leave-meaning after they both use the restroom, I go into the bathroom for the first time since I showered and to my horror I find that I left my stinky clothes lying on the bathroom floor. Not just my shirt and pants but my undies and nursing bra as well. My shirt was on the top which I am thinking meant Angie, being the sweet girl she is, probably put it on top so as to hide my dirty unmentionables!! OH the horror. Really I can't get this out of my head. Everytime I think about it I just cringe. Really!! Will they ever think about coming over here again? Would I go over to someones house again if I saw their unmentionables lying unabashedly on the floor? Ok well I would but not everyone is a mess I like me. Which brings up my next thought. Does any mom actually have a clean house? I mean do you really vacuum the floor after EVERY meal and wash the table cloth after EVERY meal. Clean up the kids toys or better yet make them clean them up EVERY time they finish playing with them, meaning like ten times a day. I can not get a handle on this house keeping thing. I really want to have people over lots but that would mean them seeing a not even close to perfect house. I think I need to be like the Proverbs 31 wife and get some MAIDS !!!! WHo's with me!! All the wives needing maids throw your comments at me !!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachel said...

SERIOUSLY! All this talk about being Proverbs 31 women and we can't have maids! We can't truly be Proverbs 31 women without them. My house is usually only clean if we have people coming over (and then it's only the visible parts of the house that are clean). But generally if I pick up one room, the other room is messy within minutes. And then I pick up that room and another room is messy within minutes. It just never seems to work where I can have everything clean all at the same time.

Stephanie Cole said...

rachel, thats hilarious! i can feel your embarrassment. but like you said, you would still go back over to a new friends house even if you saw there unmentionables. haha! yeah, well our house is tiny and i dont feel like it's ever really clean. we try to do toy clean up before nap and before bed. it works ok. i do have a mommy friend who recently did hire a maid to come once a week! she loves it! but you gotta have some money for that.

Rachel said...

Oh Rachel! I would be so embarrassed, too, but I would still go back to someone's house if I saw that. And I would love to have a maid, or just someone to come over once a week and do the deep cleaning that is so neglected--like dusting baseboards, scrubbing floors, scrubbing tubs, you know, the stuff that never gets done!

Rachel said...

I am glad ladies I am not the only one!!

Amber said...

I hear ya!!! Housekeeping is not my speciality...and I only have one kid! Let's all get maids for Christmas. :D